social media marketing strategist
join our team of digital marketers in Cleveland, Ohio
We’re looking for a dynamic social media marketer to join our team of digital marketing experts. As a Social Media Strategist at Fathom, you’ll own the planning, development, and delivery of our clients’ marketing strategies through social media channels—like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Snapchat. Successful Social Media Strategists help our clients reach their business goals through the management of both paid and organic social media presences.
The ideal Social Media Strategist understands marketing is about more than post likes or campaign impressions. We’re seeking an individual with proven experience generating bottom line growth and communicating how social media efforts drive meaningful results—like revenue and enrollment.
While everyone at Fathom is expected to lead, the Social Media Strategist will play a crucial role in scaling our team’s impact through innovation in client delivery and operational excellence. If you’re a creator and self-starter, ready to challenge the status quo and positively influence our culture, we encourage you to apply.
social media strategist responsibilities
Every day as a social media marketing expert at Fathom is different. In this strategist role, you will:
- Develop and present campaign proposals to executive-level client partners.
- Set up, launch, and manage social media campaigns, involving activities such as:
- Audience research and targeting recommendations
- Budget planning
- Ad copy writing and creative concepting
- Conversion tracking consulting
- Testing new tactics and messaging
- Optimizing campaigns to reach business goals, not vanity metrics
- Plan, write, and schedule daily posts across all social media channels.
- Analyze performance and present campaign reporting to senior marketing leaders, demonstrating the impact of our strategies on business-level outcomes, representing incremental success over time.
- Identify opportunities to integrate social media touchpoints with other digital marketing tactics across the customer journey.
- Mentor junior-level team members, elevating Fathomers through formal and informal training.
- Drive new and add-on business for Fathom through relevant and strategic recommendations of new platforms, tactics, and campaigns.
social media marketing qualifications
Interested in becoming a social media strategist at Fathom? Qualified candidates for this role:
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Advertising, or related field.
- Have 3-5 years’ experience in social media, with proven expertise in driving brand preference and direct response for enterprise-level businesses.
- Orchestrate, launch, and manage paid social advertising campaigns across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Snapchat.
- Have experience with website tracking technology, like Google and/or Adobe Analytics.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience presenting to C-suite and VP-level executives.
- Connect social media activities to the broader customer experience and business outcomes.
- Make innovative, strategic, and thoughtful recommendations to overcome internal and external roadblocks.
pluses in experience
Stand out amongst the crowd by highlighting notable experience, proficiency, or accomplishments. Please note your experience with any of the following:
- Previous agency experience and/or expertise within healthcare, education, B2B, financial, or SAAS industries.
- Prior history in a team leadership, management, or mentorship position.
- Post-lead or purchase attribution experience through CRM tracking (such as Salesforce).
- Practice in leading team and stakeholder conversations to identify marketing opportunities and build a forward-thinking strategic plan.
- Knowledge in digital marketing channels beyond social media, including: SEO, marketing automation and email, paid search, or display advertising